Before you head down to Memorial Park for the Bank of the West Celebrates America free concert and fireworks show Friday, we have a few things you should know.
Local bands The Confidentials and The Emmet Bower Band will open the show starting at 6:00 PM with the night being capped off by disco legends Kool & the Gang and a fireworks spectacular.
Memorial Park will be open at 5:00 AM Friday for those wanting to put down blankets to reserve a good spot for the show. The City of Omaha prohibits putting any tarps or stakes in the ground.
In the case of rain or severe weather, the show will be cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
Other important information can be found below, including a parking and traffic map.
- Streets north of Underwood Ave to Western Ave from Happy Hollow to 66th St will be one way.
- Streets from Western Ave north to Hamilton St from 54th St to 58th St will be one way.
- Omaha Police Department will be directing traffic along Dodge Street.
- Drivers on Dodge are asked to stay in their lane during the concert.
- Lots at UNO including, the parking garage, will be available starting at 4 PM.
- Parking in the neighborhood north of Memorial Park will be on the east side of the street only.
- South of Dodge, there will be no parking on the east side of 53rd, 54th and 55th streets.
- No parking along Happy Hollow between Dodge Street and Underwood Avenue.
- East of Happy Hollow to 52nd St, no parking on the north or east side of the streets from Dodge to Underwood Ave.
- Limited disabled parking will be available on the Circle Drive around the Memorial. Golf cart volunteers will be available to transport elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Carpooling is encouraged.