On Monday night the Omaha Public School board voted to okay a three year contract for incoming Superintendent Dr. Cheryl Logan.
The board unanimously voted to hire Logan less than a week ago, and again gave unanimous approval for her contract. Logan currently serves as the Chief Academic Officer for the School District of Philadelphia and will begin her tenure with OPS on July 1st.
The new superintendent will receive a base salary of $300,000 per year, but will also receive other benefits that brings her salary closer to the $400,000 mark. Per her contract, Logan will have to find a home within the Omaha Public School district boundaries.
Additional benefits include:
- $750 per day, up to 20 days, for consulting prior to the start of her contract
- Paid leave, paid holidays, insurance and other benefits afforded all OPS administrative personnel
- Payment of annual professional dues
- $12,000 annual transportation expense allowance
- Up to $15,000 in moving costs and temporary living expenses
- $41,000 tax sheltered annuity