Omaha Police have released results from their DUI enforcement effort results. Between March 9 and March 18 several stepped up operations were held around the City.
Officers arrested 29 people for driving under the influence of alcohol. 22 of those arrests were for first offenses. One driver was arrested for driving under the influence of drugs.
Police also handed out hundreds of citations for many other infractions:
- Speeding: 97
- Registration/insurance violations: 93
- Other moving violations: 144
- Seat belt violations: 27
- Careless driving/negligent driving: 5
- Driving during suspension: 16
- Open container: 2
- Possession of marijuana, less than one ounce: 3
- Possession of drug equipment: 3