There will be plenty of BBQ, music, games and rides at this weekend's Riverfront Ribfest. Back for its second year, the festival features five national award-winning BBQ teams, bringing their mouthwatering rib recipes to Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park in Council Bluffs.
Music at Ribfest will be a little bit country, a little bit (90's) rock and roll. Thursday night will feature music from Blue House, Chad Lee and Uncle Kracker. On Friday, Travis Tritt takes the stage along with special guests Tyler Reese Tritt, Faren Rachels and Sack of Lions. Saturday includes a full day of music with 90's hit-makers the Spin Doctors, Bowling for Soup and Tonic.
Free carnival rides for children and adults are included with paid admission. In addition to the ribs, other favorite carnival food-inspired foods and beverages will be available for purchase.
Tickets are available at RiverfrontRibfest.com or tickets will be available at the door and can be paid via cash or credit card.
- Adults: $5 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., $10 after 3 p.m.
- Kids (5-16): $5
- Kids (0-4): free
Daily general admission Sunday: $5 (free for kids 0-4)
Riverfront Ribfest hours are 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and 11:00 to 8:00 PM on Sunday. All parking is free.
All bags will be checked as the Riverfront Ribfest follows a clear bag policy.
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” by 12”
- A one-gallon clear plastic storage bag (Ziploc or similar)
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, guests may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approx. the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Outside food and beverage is not allowed (exception for documented medical needs). General admission tickets do not include food and beverages, VIP tickets include one beverage. Water, soda, beer, liquor and food vendor sales are available for additional cost.