Mapped below, the shelters are located at:
- Council Bluffs:Salem United Methodist Church, 14955 Somerset Ave.
- Bellwood: Bellwood Fire Department, 752 41st Road.
- Boelus: CNR Center, 614 Delaware St..
- Columbus: DHS-East Central Health Department, 4321 41st Ave.
- Fremont: First Lutheran Church, 3200 Military Ave.; enter Mission Center on the northwest corner of campus.
- Hader: Hader Fire Hall, 101 Front St.
- Missouri Valley: Rand Community Center, 100 S. Fourth St.
- Norfolk: Lutheran High Northeast, 2010 N. 37th St.; Bel Air Elementary School, 1101 N. 18th St.; Sacred Heart Elementary School, 2301 Madison Ave.
- North Loup: North Loup Community Center, 112 S. B St.
- Pierce: Pierce Fire Department, 106 First St.
- Plattsmouth: Plattsmouth Community Center, 308 S. 18th St.
- Randolph, Nebraska: Randolph City Auditorium, 119 N. Main St.
- St. Edward, Nebraska: St. Edward City Hall, 1302 State Highway 39
The American Red Cross is reminding anyone who might have to evacuate from their home to bring essential items for each member of the family.
Such items might include:
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Identification to show residence is in affected area
- Important personal documents
- Extra clothing
- Pillows, blankets, and other comfort items
- Hygiene supplies
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula, and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- The shelters will remain open as long as necessary. The Red Cross is working closely with local emergency management officials to coordinate relief services.
- Ready.gov reminds families and households to establish a communication plan and offersa guidein how to plot an effective course of action.
MORE IMPORTANT INFO AT WOWT.COM