Plenty of folks are bound to have a lot of candy lying around the house in the coming weeks thanks to Halloween, and while it's delicious, if your dog gets their paws on it there could be some serious consequences. Most people know that chocolate is toxic for dogs, but the amount they consume, and the size of your dog, is what you want to worry about if your pooch gets into the Halloween treats, with small dogs the most at risk.
If you find your dog in the treat stash, or know they ate it within a few hours of finding them, induce vomiting immediately, using hydrogen peroxide. If you find your dog already vomiting take them to an emergency clinic immediately.
Source: The Dogington Post