Feeling more stressed and anxious these days? You’re not alone and being in the middle of a pandemic can make staying positive challenging. No one is happy 100% of the time, but there are things we can do to help lift our mood, even while we’re isolating at home. Try these positivity-boosting strategies to help you look on the bright side.
- Set your mind on being happy- Happiness is a choice and starting each day with a positive attitude helps to get you in the right mindset.
- Do something for someone else- Giving back is a good way to boost your spirits and researchshows giving time makes you feel better than giving money.
- Call a friend- We’re social beings and reaching out and connecting with someone you care about can help you feel better.
- Find meaning in your pursuits- Thinking “once I reach this goal, I’ll be happy” is setting yourself up for disappointment. Instead of focusing on the end result, do things that are fulfilling and add meaning and purpose to your life.
- Cultivate gratitude- One of the best ways to feel happier is to remember all you have to be thankful for. It’s about shifting your focus from what you don’t have or want to appreciating what’s good about your life.
- Savor the moment- Like Ferris Bueller said, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it.” We’re all busy, but taking time to enjoy the little things can help us stay positive.
- Move- Not only is exercise good for your body, it can improve your outlook, too. It releases endorphins, which make us feel physically good, reduce stress, and improve mood.
- Choose time over stuff- We tend to want to have all the things, but material possessions don’t make us feel happier. Spending money on experiences, like traveling, has been shown to lead to greater fulfillment than objects.
To read more, click the stressed man in bed, below ↓
Source: The Healthy
Image Credit: Getty Images