When it comes to buying a home, people take a lot of things into consideration, like whether it’s on a busy street or in a good school district. But apparently a lot of homebuyers also judge a home based on whether or not it’s good for their pets, and would even turn down a dream home if it wasn’t.
A new poll finds:
- 68% of pet-owning homebuyers say they’d turn down a dream home if it wasn’t perfect for their pet.
- Another 95% say their pet’s needs would be at least somewhat important when considering a home.
- 84% said they’d be “extremely” or “very” important.
- Less than 5% say pet's needs were not important at all.
So, what are the most important things to homebuyers when it comes to their pet’s needs?
- A large back yard is the most important thing they are looking for (38%), followed by:
- Any outdoor space (29%)
- A garage (24%)
- A dog run (22%)
- Close proximity to outdoor spaces (21%)
- Large square footage (20%)
And while you may think it’s mostly dog and cat owners worried about the needs of their pets, you’d actually be very mistaken.
- It’s true, 87% of dog and cat owners say they pet’s needs are extremely or very important.
- But it seems owners of other pets feel the same way, including:
- 89% of bird owners
- 85% of fish owners
- 80% of reptile owners
- 79% of rodent owners
- 74% of horse owners
Source: Yahoo Finance