An 11-year-old boy in North Carolina saved the day when a fire broke out in his family’s home.Jackson McRaewas home with his mother and brother when flames started coming from their oven and he stayed calm and used a fire extinguisher to put the flames out.
He helped get his family out safely and also got his neighbor and her baby outside, too. Jackson credits his quick-thinking to the firefighters who taught his class fire safety tips at school. The Fayetteville Fire Department is recognizing him for his heroic efforts with a letter of recognition and a chief’s coin.
“I wasn’t really panicking, but at the same time, I was,” Jackson admits. “I was thinking I have to make sure everybody is out.”
Source: ABC 11