Following reopening, OPL branches will be open Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m., and Friday & Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Three branch locations (Millard Branch, Milton R. Abrahams Branch and W. Dale Clark Main Library) will offer Sunday hours, 1-5 p.m., upon reopening. Masks will be required for all OPL visitors until further notice.
- Monday, Sept. 21: Five branches will open.
- Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch, 2100 Reading Plaza, 402-289-4367
- Charles B. Washington Branch, 2868 Ames Ave., 402-444-4849
- Millard Branch, 13214 Westwood Ln., 402-444-4848
- Milton R. Abrahams Branch, 5111 N. 90th St., 402-444-6284
- Willa Cather Branch, 1905 S. 44th St., 402-444-4851
- Monday, Sept. 28: Three additional branches will open.
- A.V. Sorensen Branch, 4808 Cass St., 402-444-5274
- Benson Branch, 6015 Binney St., 402-444-4846
- Florence Branch, 2920 Bondesson St., 402-444-5299
- The opening dates for the remaining four branches will be announced at a later time.
- Saddlebrook Branch, 14850 Laurel Ave., 402-444-5780
- W. Dale Clark Main Library, 215 S. 15th St., 402-444-4800
- W. Clarke Swanson Branch, 9101 W. Dodge Rd., 402-444-4852
- South Omaha Library, 2808 Q St., 402-444-4850
Book drops will open as branches reopen beginning Sept. 21, and items checked out will resume normal due dates. Items checked out during OPL’s closure will be due for return on Oct. 19. Items placed on hold shelves prior to Oct. 1 will expire and be made available to other patrons on Oct. 15.
Meeting and study rooms will not be available for reservation for the foreseeable future. Computers will be available for public use, however, due to physical distancing, there will be less computers available.
As more information becomes available, OPL will provide updates on its website, omahalibrary.org, as well as through its social media channels and email. Library staff will also be available to answer questions at 402-444-4800 or through ask.omahalibrary.org.
Visit omahalibrary.orgfor information about additional programs and resources offered at Omaha Public Library.