There’s no question pets can be adorable, loving and probably the best friend a person will ever have, which is why it’s understandable why kids would want one. And as a new survey points out, in many families kids really want them, and ask for them a lot.
According to a new poll:
- The average kid will beg their parents for a pet 1,584 times before thy turn 18.
- Not surprisingly, most want a dog, with 78% begging for a pooch.
Dogs are followed by:
And parents better expect more begging in the coming months, with requests usually increasing around the holidays.
- And there’s a good reason a lot of parents give in.
- 46% of parents say they received a pet as a holiday present.
- 89% of those parents say it was the best gift they’ve ever gotten.
Source: SWNS Digital